– Setting up a network and project idea(s) on consumer driven circular economy and climate adaptation, including possibble follow-ups on health issues and education, called Climate Valley.
– Setting up a project idea on urban renewal and transition of town centres, implementing solutions for empty (shop) spaces, Booming Towns, together with the Nelson Group and the town of Roeselare/BE.
– Setting up a project for integrated water management in the Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia, together with Arne Grove, the “Better Wetter” project, VLM/Belgium, the Bentheim Region/Germany, SNN, Hogeschool Van Hall Larenstein (University of Applied Sciences VHL) and other – Russian, Dutch and foreign – partners.
– Support of the INTERREG IVB NW Europe project “Academy of Energy Champions” (ACE) for the province of Gelderland, Municipality of Apeldoorn and the Zeeuws Klimaatfonds (NL), both in management and application.
– Project evaluation for the EU Commission, DG Environment, of the LIFE Programme 1996-2006, as subcontractor of COWI Belgium SA (2008-2009)
– Making Places Profitable, successful application and implementation of an INTERREG IVB (North Sea Programme) project for Municipality of Emmen, the Netherlands (2007/2008-2012)
– Project development (INTERREG IVB), training and advice for the municipality of Almelo (NL) and their partner cities Iserlohn (D) and Preston (UK), 2008-2011
– Project assessment for the first and second call of INTERREG IVC, and the EU Commission, 7th Framework Programme, (2008/2009)
– Training and advice on European partnership projects for the municipalities of Deurne, the Netherlands and Leszno, Poland (November 2007)
– Project development for an INTERREG IVB project on CO2 Neutral business parks for the municipality of Heerhugowaard, the Netherlands as lead partner in cooperation with New-Energy-Works (2007-2010)
– Work in the Village project application at INTERREG IVC for the municipality of Beverwijk, the Netherlands as lead partner, on behalf of the Cultural Village of Europe network (2007-2008)
– Similar partnerships are being developed or ongoing with the Dutch “New-Energy-Works” consultancy and Buiting Forestry, and the German office for European Consultancy of Stephanie Kretz (2007-2010).
– Development and ongoing advice on the INTERACT Project “LARA-Toolbox”; advising municipalities and regions to improve their participation and improve their project quality in setting up cooperation with partners in other EU Member States and using European Structural Funds for these projects (2004-2007, VNG-International)
– ‘Rapporteur’ at the Global Conference on Sustainability and Reporting (4-6 October 2006, Global reporting Initiative)
– Participation as trainer in seminars and training sessions on EU Structural Funds and cross-border co-operation; general issues and project development in Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Germany and (for Dutch and foreign delegations) in the Netherlands (2004-2007, VNG-International, NL)
– Evaluation of municipal plans and regional development plans, for example on new housing areas, industrial development areas and rural development (2004-2006, Province of Gelderland, NL)
– Editing project-publications and reviews. For example, co-editing a manual and expert directory for the EU-project “Agri-environment measures in Central and Eastern Europe”(2001/2002, Avalon/IEEP)
– Organisation and support of working visits. For example, accompanying “field visits” (including project visits) of foreign delegations to the EUREGIO (1990-2001, EUREGIO/AEBR)
– Organisation and support of trade-fairs and similar events, including the “Hanseatic days” in Oldenzaal (1999, Municipality of Oldenzaal, Netherlands) and the EUREGIO Agricultural Fair (1994, EUREGIO)